Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

Immersion Assembly


On a lovely Monday morning my school had Immersion Assembly. I didn't know what Immersion Assembly was and I said to myself “Why is everyone lining up.” I wanted to know what was happening because my teacher was dressed up as a little pig and usually we don’t have Assembly on Monday. If you're dieing to know what Immersion Assembly is I'll tell you. Immersion Assembly is when a teacher comes and tells us what the schools going to do this term and different teachers come and act out what team 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are doing.


First James also known as our principal Mr Burt talked to us about Life’s a stage. Then came Mr Leofal, he came to tell us what team one was learning about and it came up fairy tales. Team one had a game of Who am I? After that three teachers came out to introduce team two while Mr J played a song and they dance. Team two’s one was Dancing. When it was team three all the teachers dressed up as a princess went on stage and told us about them self. It was like a fairytale talk show. Each princess came up separately to tell us and when they were finished Mr barks came out all dressed up while all of the princesses ran away. Mr Barks was sad and said “Well everyone can find true love.”


It was the start of team 4’s item. They were acting out the three little pigs. The three little pigs were Miss Lavakula, Miss Ouano and Mr Somerville. Mr Marks was the big bad wolf and Miss Garden was the narrator. The first little pig went to buy some hay from a lady. She took her hay to the field and built her house.The big bad wolf came along and smelt bacon, he said “Little pig, little pig let me in.” The little pig said “Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin,” the wolf shouted “Then I will huff and I'll puff and blow your house down.” The little pigs house fell down and the wolf ate her. The second little pig bought some sticks from a lady to build her house. She took the sticks to a field and built her house.The big bad wolf came along and smelt sausages, he said “Little pig, little pig let me in.” The little pig said “Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin,” the wolf shouted “Then I will huff and I'll puff and blow your house down”. The little pigs house fell down and the wolf ate her. The last little pig was thinking he went to buy some bricks from a man he took the bricks and started to build his house. He ran into his house and the big bad wolf had said “Let me in” and the little pig said “Not by my hair on my chinny chin chin” the wolf shouted “Then I will huff and I will puff and blow your house down”. The wolf couldn’t blow the house down so he climbed down chimney. The little pig had a pot of hot water on the fire. When the wolf climbed down he burnt his bottom and ran away.

Time for team 5. They were doing a copy of Beyonce If I were a boy. It was so funny they played a presentation that showed the teachers dressed up as a boy band sang the song while acting to it too. Then it had Mr Barks singing if I were a girl while dressed as a girl with make-up on.  It was so so so so funny. My favourite part was team 5.

Here is a video so you can see what happened I hope you enjoy. Please leave a comment.



Term 3 Immersion Assembly from Team 4 Pes on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat recount of our Immersion Assembly, Katareina. You did a great job sharing what each team did and even included which item you liked best. Mr Barks was very funny wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.